Life Science Graduate Network (LSGN)
Cross-disciplinary organization of PhD student representatives working in the life sciences in the greater Munich area
The LSGN (=Life Science Graduate Network) is a network initiated in 2016 by the PhD student representatives of the different Life Science graduate schools and graduate programs in Munich, with the idea of organizing regular events for PhD students to provide a forum for peer exchange and discussion on scientific projects and topics of common interest.
The LSGN is open for all interested PhD students working in the Life-Sciences in the greater Munich area.
- Peer Mentoring
- Creating structures to foster student well-being
- Streamlined and helpful information
- Campus PhD Science Get-together Symposia
- Co-moderation and co-organization of educational campus events (Responsible Research 2017/2021, Bioimaging Day 2021)
- Mountain hikes
- Open invitations to virtual program activities (IMPRS Book Club, Quiz Nights, Pizza Talks)
- Meme Art Contest
- Bioimaging Day
If you are a PhD student representative of the graduate program or institute in the greater Munich area and you would like to join the next LSGN meeting, please contact Dr. Elizabeth Schroeder-Reiter.