Videos and Presentations
The Opening Words, Keynote Lectures and Panel Discussion were recorded on video by our colleagues from the Virtuelle Hochschule.
To comply with the numerous inquiries we have been able to acquire the presentations of some of the Breakout Sessions. More are still to come and will be made available as we receive them.
- Opening and Welcome, Prof. Dr. Heinrich Leonhardt, Dean of the Faculty of Biology
- The German Research Ombudsman - structure, tasks and mode of operation, Prof. Dr. Brigitte Jockusch, DFG Research Ombudsman
- Data quality and the translational roadblock, Prof. Dr. Ulrich Dirnagl, Charité Berlin, Additional material (zip, 3.4 MB)
- Publishing: what, why and how, Prof. Dr. Alfonso Martinez-Arias, University of Cambridge, Additional material (pdf, 3.2 MB)
- Panel Discussion, moderated by Dr. Jeanne Rubner, Bayerischer Rundfunk
2. Presentations from the Breakout Sessions:
- When things go wrong - ombudssystems in research and graduate education, PD Dr. Silke Meiners, HelmholtzZentrum München (pdf) and Dr. Jörg Tittor, MPI of Biochemistry (coming soon)
- Reproducible research: experimental design, data analysis, data presentation (pdf, 5MB), Dr. Tobias Straub, LMU
- Is publishing keeping pace? (pdf, 6.8MB), Mark Patterson, PhD, eLIFE
- Data acquisition in animal experiments and parameters influencing scientific results (pdf, 2.3 MB), Dr. Thomas Brill, LMU and Dr. Eckart Thein, LMU
- Good citation practice versus plagiarism - common ground and open questions (pdf, 1.3 MB), Prof. Dr. Ansgar Ohly, LMU
- Why most published research findings are false: everything you always wanted to know about the p-value and statistical power, but were too lazy to ask (zip, 5.4 MB), Prof. Dr. Ulrich Dirnagl, Charité Berlin